and procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) the data controller is the Aluminium Packaging Recycling Organisation of 1 Brockhill
Court, Brockhill Lane, Redditch, B97 6RB UK (hereinafter referred to as ‘Alupro’)
Your privacy is extremely important to us so we only use the information you provide about yourself and your company when using this website to answer
your enquiry or to help us to improve our service to you. We do not share this information with any third party except to the extent necessary to
answer your enquiry if that enquiry requires the involvement of a third party. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such
addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
The information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.alupro.org.uk (our “Website”). This includes information provided when
ordering from us or completing our enquiry form. This typically includes your name, your organisation’s name, your position, email address, business
address and contact telephone number. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, web server statistics, traffic data, location data and details of the web
pages and resources that you access.
Our use of IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to analyse aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your
computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and
more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to user needs.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Unless you have
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to
access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data,
we cannot guarantee the security of data that you transmit to our site; any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your
information, we will use strict internal procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We also keep your information confidential. Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be
contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these
by email, SMS, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to
those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us.
When we might disclose your data to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in a very limited number of circumstances:
- Where we engage the business services of a third party to provide services directly to Alupro. For example, we may use a mailing house to email
promotional materials such as our email newsletter. Rest assured that any third parties are strictly prohibited from using your personal data for any
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of
such business or assets.
- If Alupro or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be
one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our
information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we
intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to
collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our clients and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites,
please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please
check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request
may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
changes on this page, and may place notices on other pages of the Website, so that you may be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at
all times. We will also e-mail you should we make any changes so that you may consent to our use of your information in that way. Continued use of the
service will signify that you agree to any such changes.
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European
Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps
outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
provided to Alupro changes, please contact us.